9. A new Annie in the making? There have been recent discussion by Will Smith to do a remake on the classic 1982 musical "Annie" with his daughter Willow Smith as the lead role. This has a great chance of being a success as his son Jaden Smith recently starred in a remake of "The Karate Kid" the remake scored earnings of about $350 million.
8. Not only is the Queen getting inducted to a Hall of Fame but so is David Banner, he is getting inducted into Mississippi's Musicians Hall of Fame! Also within this Hall of Fame is also B.B. King and Elvis Presley!
7. Our own NJ native, Queen Latifah, will be inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame in June 2011! Among others within the Hall of Fame are Martha Stewart and Bruce Willis. Congrats to the Queen!!
6. I guess ANYONE can get a reality show now-a-days! If you can recognize the person in the photo below...that IS Antoine Dodson...known for the Bedroom Intruder interview, I cant lie I was a victim of having that song as an alarm-tone lol! But the show is supposed to be about his life and his transition from Alabama to Hollywood! As of now a network hasn't picked the show up yet let alone there has not been a name given for it...however they have already started collecting footage for the show...
5. Okay so were not done yet speaking of all the queen's...up next Queen Bey. Rumors have been circulating for a while now that Beyonce was suppose to be creating a remake of the 1937 classic "A Star is Born". Now it may just be official, the only thing left to be decided is how much the Queen will be getting paid. Negotiations are also in order for Clint Eastwood to direct and co-produce the movie, which may just be the key factor to help bringing out the best in her acting. Well either way I hope the queen gets to work with Hollywood's king of movie directors.
4. Congratulations are in order for Wendy Williams. Recently the host announced that her show "The Wendy Williams Show" will be picked up for a third season, but now she's going to be the host of "Love Triangle" on the Game Show Network. The premise of the show is for Ms. Williams to offer sound advice for those stuck between two lovers. We are definitely not mad at you Wendy, go ahead and get that Oprah money. Be sure to catch new episodes of "Love Triangle" on April 18th.
3. For the past week everyone has been saying Oprah has some big secret... and we know when Oprah shares a secret it's going to be BIG. Well recently the queen of all media revealed that she has a half sister named Patricia, aka Bunny. The daytime talk show host admitted that this is a "bombshell family secret that left me speechless". If you're like me and you love everything Oprah I'm sure you tuned in on Jan 24th as she revealed all the juicy family drama on her show.
2. On a more serious note...just kidding there is nothing serious about Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka getting a reality show together. Talk about ignorance at its best. Luckily, nothing is official yet but the two believe that the reality show would help prove they are not thugs.
Because of the music we make, people think that’s what we do all the time — but we got a real family life. We got heart. We do a lot of things for the community and we love each other. I think they’ll get a laugh more than anything.
Well, Gucci you are right...I'm sure we all will be laughing at you not with you.
1. America's most powerful couple hosted the first White House State dinner of 2011 with Chinese president Hu Jintao as their honored guest! Our first lady Michelle Obama is known to be extremely stylish & this is very true as she dawned a beautiful Alexander McQueen, Asian inspired, gown!
I'm sure everyone has heard the news by now, but were going to continue to spread the love about Shannon Brown and his newly wed Monica. Supposedly, the R&B star and NBA championship winner tied the not back in November 2010. According to a friend the two plan on having another wedding just for family and friends. I'm super happy for her and I must say Shannon Brown is a huge step up from her past. Congrats to both!
While were handing out congratulations to couples we can't forget about one of my fav's Serena Williams and Common. These two love birds took a little break from each other a while back, but allegedly sources claim that he finally put a ring on it over the recent holidays. Well if so, congrats to you both!
Moving right along from weddings to all the "Single Ladies". VH1 will debut a new series in May, produced by Queen Latifah (btw also produces BET's "Let's Stay Together"). The show will star Stacey Dash, LisaRaye McCoy, and newbie Charity Shea. The premise of the show is based around three single women in Atlanta trying to find love, yeah we've seen this story before but I'm sure well watch it again. Hmmm so I guess now we know why Ms. Dash hasn't been spotted on the new episodes of "The Game", she's out starring in her own show. For a quick teaser take a peak above.
Okay so enough about relationships lets talk music. If you didn't know by now, you might want to brace yourself for this one. Kim Kardashian is ready to broaden her horizons and start her music career (that's right you read it correctly the first time). Although, I'm hesitant about this, I've never heard her sing "live" so I'm not going to completely right off the idea. Supposedly her biggest encourager was Mr. West and her good buddy Ciara. I'm not quite sure when the album drops but her first single "Turn it Up" was produced by The Dream, so this could either be a big hit ( as in Rihanna's "Umbrella") or this could be a big miss (as in Ciara's last album... smh!). Either way I'm willing to give her a chance and so is video director Hype Williams since he's shooting her first music video. Well, good luck Kim.
Here at Über we thought it was only appropriate that we take a moment of our time to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Dr. King was a father, a husband, a civil rights leader, and an iconic hero to many. What he did for African Americans and people of all racial ethnicity's is remarkable and for that we thank him on his day. Personally, if I was ever given the chance to speak to Dr. King directly I would tell him thank you for never taking no for an answer and being an inspiration to everyone no matter what the pigment of their skin color is. He is the epitome of why I choose to walk by faith and not by sight. His visions for African Americans go way beyond what people could see at that time.
Every one I hope you take a moment today and just remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and all his accomplishments. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. day!
Dr. King encouraging young blacks to vote
Dr. King and his wife Coretta Scott King
Christina Aguilara: My favorite dress of the night!! I had to put it first! The nude and black both compliments the dress and her figure!
Julianne Hugh: This slimming dress has a Cleopatra feel to it & I absolutely LOVE it!
Jennifer Love Hewitt: This dress reminds me of a wedding dress...nevertheless it says 'LOOK AT ME!' & that's my kind of dress!
Eva Longoria: For a black dress this dress is simply stunning! It has a simple but complexly gorgeous feel all at the same time!
Megan Fox: This dress is stunning, the rhinestones makes the dress pop!
Our Top Choice Nay's:
January Jones: From the square boob top (which by the way makes her cleavage look TOO forced) to the tassel bottom I don't know whether she's about to go salsa dancing or actually head to the Golden Globe Awards?
Julianne Moore: I think without saying it you know why she made this list...its a puff sleeve gone wrong...honestly its unneeded...it would've been nice just as a sleeveless dress
Helena Bonham Carter: If this was ranking by numbers she would have definitely been #1! Really? Yeah there's really no need to talk about how much of a fail this dress & shoes are....
Katie Lee: The color is really pretty but from far away the top looks like a bunch of Christmas lights making her breast look flat
Julie Bowen: This dress has potential only thing that is off is the crazy frills! It was a good try though!
9. Not only does he have it bad but he has a bad case of stage presence this week in Germany. Take a look at the video and take a look for yourself....his management cancelled following concerts due to a "respiratory infection" but a fan said they spotted him at a bar a couple hours after his managements announcement.....hmmmmmm???
8. Light Skin Vs. Dark Skin Party.....This party has caused much controversy amongst both twitter and the media...what started off as a "bright" idea to these party promoters transpired into a more deeper issue amongst black women....would you go if you were in Columbus, Ohio??
7. The Game made history on BET with it's 7.7 million viewers this past Tuesday this is the 2nd most viewed programming in BET's history following the 2009 BET Awards honoring Michael Jackson's legacy.
6. Sooooo word on Twitter Street is that Amber Rose (yes Kanye's old boo) & Wiz Khalifa (Cameron Thomaz) are an item.....she wrote on her page, "I need my baby...I'm so in LOVE I don't care what anyone says that's my baby I found happiness my heart is with Cam. #TAKEOVA." & he replied,"i wanna take u out and get turkey burgers rite now yo." .....Turkey burgers??? ....yeah I'd pass.
5. This week many people on Twitter faced an identity crisis....why? Because after 3,000 years astrologists took it upon themselves to JUST NOW announce we are using the wrong signs as the Earth's axis from the Sun has changed...now this couldn't have happened over night....boy sucks to have a zodiac tat!
4. Uncle Luke for mayor????? Yes. you heard right....this Miami based rapper is considering running for mayor of (Miami) Dade County...well uhhh best of luck to that!
3. One of our favorite Sister Sister's Tia Mowry announced this week that she's pregnant...we want to congratulate her on both her pregnancy and her recent success with the re-premiering of The Game!
2. Hats off to the Bajan Queen on being the 3rd black female artist, following Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce, to be featured on the cover of US Vogue Magazine.
1. Now I'm pretty sure you've heard by now...but were just going to re-iterate what's already been said.....one word....Brrrrr. Recently Gucci Mane was released from a mental health facility...soon after his release he felt the need to get inked up again....now there's nothing wrong with getting some artwork done....BUT there's a time and a PLACE for everything...Here is an excerpt from BET's SoundOff
“It’s a reminder to fans of how he chooses to live his life,” she told
Rolling Stone. “Cool as ice. As in ‘I’m so icy, I’ll make ya say
Meanwhile, Shane Willoughby, the tattoo artist responsible for Gucci’s
new ink, just spoke to Vibe about Gucci’s latest tat.
“I was [hesitant] like ‘Are you sure you want to put that much [ink] in that area?” he told Vibe. “He came straight to the counter and that’s where he pointed. I won’t tattoo anybody if their [drunk] or high because I can’t stand the smell of weed… [Gucci] seemed completely sober. He knew what he was doing. When [Gucci] said he wanted to do the ice cream thing I said ‘Well why don’t we do it somewhere else?’ But he was like I don’t have anywhere else. He said ‘I want something rock ‘n roll.’ There’s nothing more rock ‘n roll than lightening bolts.. I don’t think I’ll ever do [that] again… no matter how successful [the celebrity]. He was stoked. Had no regrets… was jumping up and down. That’s the way he rolls.”
...We've got to do better folks...