Thursday

Über Exclusives: Überchic Gets Fli with Fli Pelican

So you already know Uberchic like's to give you the exclusive details on fashion and entertainment!! Well we want to give you our interview with the creator himself of Fli Pelican, Nino Corleone!

Fli Pelican began in the year 2007 in Atlanta, GA. Nino Corleone didn't always work within the fashion industry in fact he originally worked within an artist management team as both a producer and engineer. He describes praying for his future and what direction to go and was inspired to start his own clothing line. He chose to name the brand Fli Pelican because it was to symbolize a deeper meaning then the title itself! Fli is an acronym meaning: "Find Love Inside" and pelican is a symbol for selflessness. He wants the brand to encourage positive energy and to help individuals become comfortable within there own skin.

Check out our exclusive interview with him below to learn more about the label!

What inspired you to create Fli Pelican?
I felt a void in alot of the clothing I was wearing at that present time had a lack of substance, at least in the areas I look to determine great clothing.

What is an average day for you at Fli Pelican?
6am: I'm up watching Sports Center, 9-11am: I'm checking emails and paying respects to our fans through social networks. 12pm: Meeting w/ my sales manager DJ. 3-5pm: Knocking out orders from online and stores. 6-10pm: Conceptualizing new ideas, meeting new business ventures and checking Tumblr for Pelicanas.

According to your site you are looking to expand your brand to cater more to female audiences. What kind of pieces for women will you be incorporating to your fall/winter 2011 line?
Varsity jackets are a must, cardigans, lounge wear, some hoodies...I cater to the chick that likes getting flier than her dude. Pelicana

Could you also give us a sneak peak on some thing you are working on for spring 2012?
I usually don't lean toward a new season until I'm fully into what the concept is, soooo there isn't one until the ideas rains down. I'm thinking about blending so much stuff though, I did it in our last collection. Prints, denim, leather, etc.

What is the goal for Fli Pelican for the year 2012?
Expansion. I'd like to be able to reach my entire fan base...in there home town.

We know that you create the designs for Fli Pelican if possible could you tell us what your favorite creation is thus far?
I like the new "Money to Blow" hoodie. It speaks a thousand words to me.

So far since Fli Pelican's creation, what is your biggest accomplishment?
Having the chance to meet Lil Wayne was cool. But, I feel accomplished every time someone mentions the brand.

We know you've had HUGE celebrity placements such as Teyana Taylor, Waka Flocka, Big Sean, and Lil Wayne just to name a few. What other celebrity would you love to see your work on?
Justin Beiber and Nicki Minaj.

Do you have any words of advise for aspiring designers?
No Sucka S#it.

Want to learn more about Fli Pelican? Visit there site here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...