Saturday

Rihanna Featured on April 2011 US Vogue

As reported in our January 15, 2011 post, we mentioned Rihanna will be the 3rd black female artist (following Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce) to be featured on the cover of US Vogue magazine.

She is set to be featured on the April 2011 issue. This is definitely another milestone for the Bajan Queen! She is known not only for her music but her STYLE. Her style alone is notoriously recognized within the industry!

The following is an excerpt from her Vogue cover story:

Rihanna has become nothing less than a fashion It girl. Bloggers and editors go crazy over her looks, whether it’s the fuchsia cropped sweater she paired with tangerine pedal-pushers in London or the Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo with wildly exaggerated shoulders she chose to wear to the Met Costume Institute gala. “She’s very inspiring,” says Haenn. “She has a very strong idea of what she wants. And there is always some sort of, for lack of a better word, cool factor. But because of her confidence, it never looks like a costume—it seems effortless.” Rihanna figured out that style mattered to her early on.
“When I was fourteen and f
irst started going out, I always wanted to be the opposite of everyone else,” she says. “So I would go to the club in a polo T-shirt and pants and sneakers and a hat on backward, just so I would not be dressed like other girls. And I got desperate for things that weren’t available in Barbados. I would cut things out of magazines. I was obsessed with creating a visual with clothing, and the way things are combined.” How does she think about fashion now? “It’s become more about taking a risk. When I am putting looks together, I dare myself to make something work. I always look for the most interesting silhouette or something that’s a little off, but I have to figure it out. I have to make it me. I think that’s the thrill in fashion.”
Footage of behind the scenes on the photoshoot:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...