Wednesday

Über Exclusives: Überchic Gets an Exclusive Interview w/Claire Sulmers of the Fashion Bomb

Uberchic is super excited to be starting our very own Uber Exclusives. Check out our very first interview, a Q&A session with Claire Sulmers, Editor-In-Chief of Fashionbombdaily.

This past weekend we had a chance to have girl talk with the creator of one of the best urban fashion and beauty blogs in the business. We laughed, we listened, and then we laughed some more as the fashionista shed some light on her daily errands, favorite fashion must haves, and what she likes to eat on her days off.

Uberchic: What’s an average day for Claire?
Claire:
I wake up at 8:30 check the blog, check my email and try to blog every hour until 2 pm. During the evening time I attend press events.

Uberchic: Did you attend college, where & what did you study?
Claire:
I attended Harvard and majored in French and African American studies.

Uberchic: When did your interest in fashion begin?
Claire:
I’ve always loved clothes since I was a young girl. My mom made clothes for me and my grandfather was a tailor. I fell into fashion writing during my first internship at Upscale Magazine after graduating from college. Originally I wanted to write on politics but the only opening was in the fashion & beauty department.

Uberchic: Do you have a favorite designer?
Claire:
Frida Giannini at Gucci, love the colors in their spring collection. The collection is sexy and powerful.

Uberchic: Do you have a closet must have?
Claire:
I really love my YSL Muse Bag, it’s big and silver. I like anything metallic-- it goes with anything.

Uberchic: Since the start of your blog what do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?
Claire:
One of the biggest ones was moving to Paris unplanned. I stayed there for 2 years while interning with Paris Vogue.

Uberchic: Where do you see the Fashion Bomb in the next five years?
Claire:
I can see it becoming more like an online magazine with several contributors, video components and various celebrity shoots. I just have to find time to do that but we’ll see hopefully.

Uberchic: Speaking of the Fashion Bomb are you currently working on any new projects for it?
Claire:
I want to launch a lifestyle website. I bought the URL and have a Twitter name for it but that’s To Be Announced! The site will be about fashion, art, and music--just beautiful things all in one place. I definitely think the site will be for an older audience more sophisticated and upscale.


Uberchic: Who would you say inspires you the most?
Claire:
I look to other bloggers as inspiration and I love Angel of Concreteloop, Necole Bitchie, Natasha of the YBF those women work hard. They run quality websites, have great traffic and are definitely doing amazing things.

Uberchic: Who would you say is your ideal celebrity best friend and why?
Claire
: Solange Knowles, I had a chance to hang out with her when I went to Coachella this year and she is just so cool and down to Earth and I think we would be really good friends. I also really like Rihanna, she is gorgeous and dresses really well, obviously. She’s very sassy I think she’ll be very fun to hang out with.


Uberchic: So do you have any tattoos?
Claire: Yeah I have two tattoos. I have Faith on my left wrist and Hope on my right wrist. Now that I’m working for myself I really want a nose ring this summer.


Uberchic: If you could give advice to any of your followers about inner beauty what would it be?
Claire: It’s not just about the products you use on your skin it’s about what you eat, drink lots of water. As far as inner beauty just be nice to everyone.

Uberchic: Do you have some words of inspiration for any upcoming bloggers that are trying to break into the fashion industry?
Claire:
I’d say just don’t give up. I have journals dating back to when I was 16. Every blogger that you see that’s doing something amazing they study it. Study and do your work look to other bloggers for inspiration and see what works for them, and how you could do something similar but don’t copy them. Do something that speaks to your authentic experience. A lot of blogging is just doing it just don’t give up that’s the bottom line.

Uberchic: What is your ideal day off?
Claire:
To get my nails, toes, and brows done at Polish Bar in Brooklyn. Also to get a facial, a massage, and my hair done at Wayne Agassi’s Salon in Brooklyn. Then have a shrimp caeser salad and to read. I’m actually reading a book by Steven King now called On Writing and he says, “If you want to be a writer you must do two things above all others; read a lot and write a lot”.

Please stay tuned for our next Uber Exclusive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...