Tuesday

Über Talk: Gabrielle Union comes to Rihanna's Defense



Over the weekend Gabrielle Union tweeted,"Saw Man Down by Rihanna." The actress was once a victim of sexual assault and also tried to shoot her rapist. "Every victim/survivor of rape is unique, including how they THINK they'd like justice to be handed out. During my rape I tried to shoot my rapist, but I missed," she said.

Gabrielle continued to say,


"Over the years I realized that killing my rapist would've added insult to injury. The DESIRE to kill someone who abused/raped you is understandable, but
unless it's self defense in the moment to save your life, just ADDS to your
troubles."


And just like Gabrielle I'm sure they're are plenty of other rape victims that relate to her and Rihanna's Man Down video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...