Friday

Über Goodies: Drake Tells It Like It Is To GQ Magazine



Gearing up for his Take Care album release on the 15th, Drake sits down with GQ magazine while on promo. He chats it up and spills the details on the Jay-Z and Wayne beef, his ideal girl (ladies, this is for you), his fashion sense in sweaters, if he's an emotional rapper, and more. Who else is ready for Take Care? *raises hand* Take a look at the excerpts below:

On His Ideal Girl
Who’s the ideal girl? She is very funny, very supportive, understands that right now I’m trying to build with somebody. The ideal girl is driven, working on something other than modeling or being a singer…

GQ: Or being seen.
Drake: Or being seen! She’s probably in New York to be honest with you. There are a lot of good women in New York.

On being considered an emotional rapper
That’s tough. I wish that we lived in a time and a generation where people would stop viewing my honesty as overly emotional. People always act like I spend my life crying in a dark room. I don’t, I’m good. I’m a man. I want to be remembered as an artist that gave you a piece of me, as opposed to some surface bullsh*t. I don’t think people realize that we die, we leave here, and either they forget about you or remember you. And how they remember you is up to you. I just want to be remembered as a poet that was open and honest because I wake up every morning and I’m me.


For more, check out Necole Bitchie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...