Monday

Über Talk: Lil Wayne Discovers 'A Beautiful Feeling'




Once returning to his hometown in New Orleans since almost a decade, Lil Wayne and YMCMB didn't return empty-handed. Wayne and his crew handed out turkeys to impoverished neighborhoods in New Orleans. Wayne says that he's been too busy to make it back to the N.O. to spread his love, but says that this past weekend was the perfect time to do it! Only this time, it was Wayne that gained something a little extra from his visit.

“It’s actually been my first time back here for the past eight or nine years, and they’ve been doing this for 15 years. I haven’t been back here to do this for so long just being super busy, just always on tour.”

Turns out, Wayne had never been a big "giver." Now, he says it's something he wants to continue to be apart of:

“Those times I did it years ago, I was just a kid and I was just doing it because Baby and Slim, we were giving away turkeys at a park and that’s what we were doin. Now it’s a totally different feeling, because I can actually give you that and say, ‘Here, happy Thanksgiving.’ I can do that, and I can provide that for you. That’s a different feeling in general, and it’s a beautiful feeling overall.”

Now, who says people can't change? It is indeed a beautiful thing to see others giving back in such an impacting way.

Be inspired!

via MTV News

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...