Wednesday

Über Goodies: "You've Cut Whose Hair?!!"



Okay, we've all thought about it--how does Amber Rose keep her hairline so fresh?! Not only that, but is she doing it herself? Not at all! 21-year-old Jeff Wittek can take the credit for the blazing hairline of the blonde beauty. But the intersting thing here is how Jeff got into the business and his "exclusive" client relationships! Many of us think that it takes age and an Über lengthy resume' to be successful, but he is a great example that it takes mostly a great deal of confidence! See how this young guy took a step of faith, branded himself and has become one of the hottest names to celebrities. Read for yourself.

From Staten Island, New York, Jeff has worked with celebs from Big Sean, Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifa (did you catch the connection, there?) and "Jersey Shore."

How did you become the go-to guy for so many people?
It’s just I guess, people feel comfortable with me, because I have more common sense than the average barber. I know how something should look. They have faith. Also, they like the service of me coming to them. I bring them sneakers, clothes, I always hook my clients up. It’s more like a personal relationship that I have with everybody. I keep it more personal, very exclusive. I like to think they trust me.

How long have you been doing this?
Actually, when I got started, I was basically about 14, and I never really planned on getting into cutting hair. It just actually came. I always did it. It was something I always knew how to do. Like, being a barber was always something I loved. It was always fun to me and it was a great way to network with all the people that I’ve met in my life. The whole cutting hair business is all word of mouth, so if what you do is good, and the way you network yourself is that you’re the best.

You’ve come into this so young, at only 21-years-old, what other career aspirations do you have?
Not to sound arrogant, but I do so much more than cut hair. It’s not my lifetime occupation choice. I always thought of myself as an entrepreneur and businessman. I never really had a mentor that was a barber. I heard a lot of people that call themselves a celeb barber and that’s kinda corny to me. I am doing a reality show with Amber Rose, [who is] like a sister to me. I’m working on my own product line, it’s called Freshies. Being a barber, I always had dreams of having my own product line. Freshies is actually a sneaker company that I just bought into. I’m partners with somebody on it. I was always into sneakers and clothing. I’m always thinking ‘how can I grow in the business.

Read more on this hairstylist and his thoughts on image here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...