Tuesday

Über Talk: 50 Cent Wants To Stop Bullying With Novel 'Playground'



Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson stopped by the Today Show to give viewers and hopeful readers a little insight about his first young adult novel Playground, which has a focus on bullying. Being that bullying is such a serious issue in society, 50 felt compelled to reach newer audiences by giving his testimony of being a former bully and drug dealer and how his 15-year old son helped change it all.

Mr. Jackson describes his anger as an adolescent and just what contributed to him becoming a teenaged bully, which inspired the main character in the novel.

“Because my son is 15 years old, [bullying is] a relevant issue for me,” he said. “I wrote it because I want to do something about it.”

Although 50 admits to his wrongful past, he says that he has learned from it.

“I can look back on those actual situations and say that was completely wrong. But I know what was motivating it now. My son, he’s my motivation. When he was born, I had to change everything.”

I’m actually curious to read the novel. What are your expectations for the book?!

Check out the entire interview with 50 HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...