Monday

Über Talk: Kelis Gets Called 'Slave' In UK Airport



Singer Kelis went on a Twitter rampage earlier today expressing her disbelief after being called a slave at a UK airport. Kelis was at the airport with her son when a complete stranger called her a "slave" and a "disgusting Nigerian" for no reason at all!

Kelis revealed to Twitter:

Over 50 people said nothing. I mean literally nothing. Didn’t flinch. We all no I’m no saint, so I retaliated. Not the way I wanted to, or how that pig deserved. The man behind the passport desk laughed and shook his head in agreement.

But #1 my gorgeous baby boy was literally sitting on my hip and #2 I’m a believer. And we are better. Suposed to be anyway. It made me think. This person was aprox a 50year old English man.

I didn’t say anything at the time of the riots in London for a lot of reasons. But I am in london all the time and today I’m gonna say that the racial issues in the uk are disgusting. Decades behind progression because everything is swept under the rug. People don’t talk about it. People don’t fight about it.

It is outrageous and upsetting that things such as this are still happening! We are just glad that Kelis is safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...