Tuesday

Über Talk: Leila Lopes Ms Angola WINS Ms Universe Title!

LinkShe is VERY beautiful and has a smile that could win your heart & the Miss Universe Judges too! When picked for the top 16 I knew I wanted her to win! She had a glow about her that made her stand out from the rest! Check out below for more pictures of her and what she stated after her win!

Leila Lopes, 25, is an Angola native and is studying Business Management in Great Britain. Prior to the Miss Universe crown she was crowned Miss Angola UK as well! She is the first to win the Miss Universe title in her country!

After winning the title she was later interviewed Tuesday night where she stated:
"...as Miss Angola I've already done a lot to help my people...I've worked with various social causes. I work with poor kids, I work in the fight against HIV. I work to protect the elderly and I have to do everything that my country needs,...I think now as Miss Universe I will be able to do much more."
As this was the 60th Anniversary of the Miss Universe Pageant, not many women of color have won the title! When asked about facing racism she stated:
"...any racist needs to seek help. It's not normal in the 21st century to think in that way."
Congratulations Leila, you definitely deserved it!!




Via Gettysburg Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...