Thursday

Über Talk: Nicki Minaj Wears a Knock Off Top to NYFW!?

Earlier this week we gave you all a quik flick of Nicki Minaj sitting next to Anna Wintour, and I adamantly spoke of my interest in Nicki's ensemble! Well come to find out the infamous puff ball shirt may have been inspired originally by a Spring 2010 collection of Someday New Yorker's Jessica Roger!

Roger said she had sent Nicki Minaj's stylist photo's of her work in hopes of a possible collaboration in the future. However, no one responded. She said once she saw the photos of Nicki Minaj at the Carolina Herrera S/S 2012 fashion show, she was so shocked she cried.
“When I saw the photos, I was in tears. I’ve worked very hard to make my dream of being a fashion designer come true. I have built contacts with Teen Vogue, Gaga, Katy Perry, and Marina and the Diamonds has worn my garments. [Now,] I feel like everything has crumbled down…I am very upset by the fact that she was sitting next to Anna Wintour. I admire Anna Wintour very much and I was hoping that one day she would see my garments and it would be the first time that she would see Puff Balls used as i use them.”
What do you think? I think Jessica Roger's designs is eerily close to the top Nicki Minaj wore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...