Thursday

Über Talk: Taraji P. Henson Feels Snubbed By Tv Guide



Miss Taraji P is not happy with TV Guide after being left out of the cast photo for the new CBS series 'Person Of Interest' that will appear on the magazine's cover. She released her heated opinions on Twitter and Facebook about TV Guide and the downfalls of the entertainment business. Now, Debra Birnbaum, Editor-in-Chief of TV Guide, has made a statement in regards to Taraji's comments.

On the show, Taraji plays the lead female detective and could not understand why she was not informed of the cast photo.
On Facebook:
“WOW!!!! TV Guide is NOT including me on the cover with my cast memebers……..I am the female lead of a 3 member cast and I’m not included on the cover!!!!!! Do you see the sh*t I have to deal with in this business…..I cram to understand!!!!”

She gave her followers a piece of the action as well on Twitter:
WOW @TVGuide!!!!! Being a member of 2 acaademys I honestly have no words!!!!!”

The time has come for there to be some sort of explanation, and Debra Birnbaum has now decided to do so as she tells the public that Taraji was not the focus of the story!

“I made an editorial decision to do a story about the relationship between the two male characters on ‘Person of Interest’ and that’s who I was going to put on the cover. That has been my decision all along, ever since I saw the pilot. We’re certainly fans of Taraji Henson and her storyline on the show was never intended to be the focus of our cover story. I don’t know where there was a misunderstanding about this, but it’s been clear to everyone from the start. I don’t make decisions on who is put and not put on the cover based on race or gender. This week’s cover September 26 issue features the three stars of ‘Charlie’s Angels’ — Minka Kelly, Annie Illonzeh and Rachael Taylor. We are not pursuing a cover of ‘Person of Interest’ at this time.”

Whether Taraji was a "major" character or not, including her on the cover would bring in tons of ratings. How do you feel about the situation? Do you think race and sex played a part in the decision? Let us know!

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...